Monday, January 7, 2008

XOXOXXX Need a hug???

Love and laughter are the best medicine and will help relieve your depression! Studies show (SixWise.com) that hugs lower blood pressure and reduce pain and stress levels. A 20 second hug releases the "cuddle" hormone which slows the fear and stress hormones produced by the amygdala! Fascinating, isn't it? Just do a search on "20 second hugs" and see what interesting stuff you can find. As for laughter... Laughter helps us cope with the difficulties of life, reduces stress levels, relaxes us as it lowers our heart rate and blood pressure, and releases endorphines, the brain's natural pain killers. ~ Peter Doskoch, Psychology Today. So when you're feeling depressed just ask somebody you trust to give you a hug or have them tell you a funny story. So spread the love with hugs and laughter. Love ya Jenna! Don't worry, be happy!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

That's sweet! Everyone needs a good "20 second" hug every once in a while. And I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine. If you can laugh at yourself, you are in great shape!

KellyAnne said...

I got my laugh for the day when I saw the XOXOXXOOs. It reminds me of Nacho Libre. Big hug, big kiss, little hug, little keee-ss or whatever they say. SO funny!

Crystal said...

Great work on the activity tonight! I really, really appreciate your willingness to serve, your fellow girls, even when the payoff doesn't seem that great. I know it means something to them deep down! Love ya!

d.c.r.k.soptich said...

You are so funny. I have been a bad comment leaver these days, I will try to do better!

KellyAnne said...

Um... tag, you're it.