Saturday, January 31, 2009

Darn You Brad!

The only song I ever without-fail cry for is the hymn "I Believe in Christ." But I don't really have an everyday ipod-on-shuffle song that I cry to, until now.

"When I Get Where I'm Going"
By Mr. Brad Paisley

I've had this song on my ipod for a very long time and it has never really effected me. I thought it was a nice song, but not uber fantastic. Well, I heard it for the first time since Grandpa's passing the other day. I burst into tears.

"I'm gonna walk with my grandaddy,
and he'll match me step for step,
and I'll tell him how I missed him,
every minute since he left.
Then, I'll hug his neck"

Who does that?!?! Just typing it made me make that ugly scrunch-faced cry. It is an incredible song.

It came on just now and the same thing happened.
But no worries... a Christmas song came on right after that, so that lightened the mood :)

4 comments:

Brian and Carly said...

Jenna I love you and I love that song! Thank you so much for being you babe! You are completely wonderful!

Chivaun-o-rama said...

That song always makes me cry too...don't worry! It's just one of those songs... ;) It's a good kind of cry tho'...don't ya think?

Crystal said...

Aloha! Brad is the best! I love him so much that we are going to see him the end of this month with all of our staff and their husbands and my siblings! Brad knows just how to say anything and everything!

Anonymous said...

Very nice song. And it's a duet with Dolly Parton! Very pleasant to listen to and great meaning in the words.