Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mmm... Taters

Ok... if any of you are like me and had never had nor heard about tater-tot casserole, then this post is for you! If you have had it, then I guess you can just completely disregard this. Sara and Kayla had both had it before, I guess I'm just lame.
Mmm mmm mmm. It is delish. My mom gave me a recipe for it forever ago and I didn't try it until tonight. It is super easy and yummy. Oh, and I'm pretty sure it will clog your arteries quite nicely.

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground turkey cooked, seasoned, drained (I just used beef)
3 two-pound bags tater tots
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans cream of chicken soup

Directions:
Brown meat and place in large casserole dish. Cover with tater tots. Mix soups and milk together. Pour over top. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

I halved the recipe. And it actually turns out I quartered the amount of tater-tots (didn't mean to do that, but it was still bien).The three of us got super full from half of what I made. Sara says it is her new comfort food and I have to make it for her whenever she is sick. I had some corn on the side, and it's super good mixed in. :)
Later days.

No comments: