Monday, July 13, 2009

Julia's Bridal Shower

For those of you who don't know... my beautiful, wonderful, amazing friend, Julia, is getting married in less than two weeks! She asked me to be her MoH, so I have had some planning to do. This past Saturday I threw her her shower. It was a little crazy. I just returned from San Francisco on Thursday and the shower was on Saturday.
Midnight trips to Winco
3 a.m. bed times
9 a.m. wake-ups
Lots of cleaning...
cooking...
cutting...
organizing...
preparing...
phone calls...
brainstorming...
it was a blast.
Have I ever mentioned that I love throwing parties. Only trouble is... I've never been to a shower, let alone thrown one! So, it was an adventure. I learned a lot. I now know a lot of things that I would do different. Here's a snippet of the festivities.

Since I went right from home to Utah to San Fran, I was not able to clean up the major damage my brother and I created until I returned from visiting my mom.
Before:
After:
We invited about 80 people to the shower! Talk about insanity. So, I was prepared for the worst. I only had about 30 seats (thanks to President and Sister Lantz!), so I prepared for some floor sitters... with pillows!
Nicole was my shopping buddy. Cart full of food. Hours at the grocery store. Speedy trip to Dugualla. Lots of math and guesstimating. Second-guessing at the dollar store.
Sarah B helped me out so much!! It would have been a ton more work and time for me if I had not had her gracious and incredible help! She sliced, chopped, washed, organized, mixed, dipped, drizzled tons of the food!
Sister Fowler was also generous enough to make a delicious eclair dessert (the hit of the party, I will have you know). On top of that, Ciera also lent a helping hand and made her awesome PB rice krispies. Thanks ladies!
Before:
After:
Seriously?! They barely made a dent. Plus, this wasn't even nearly all the food. I didn't even put out the chips and salsa. There were a lot more fruit and veggies. Lots of drink. More chocolate popcorn. Ah well. I think just under 30 people came and it was a fun group!
Enjoy these scandalous pictures of Julia. Tip: make sure to click on the pic, to get some good detail ;)
She got away with some rocking-awesome gifts.


I hope everyone had fun. We played a couple games, ate some yummy food, talked lots, laughed some, and enjoyed watching Julia open her presents!

Again, I learned a ton. Anyone need a shower/party to be planned?
;)

3 comments:

Lemme said...

yeah...the first shower i went to was one i attended also. you did a much better job than me though!! it was fun!! and you can thank me for eating most the watermelon...there was SO MUCH yummy food!!! it was a blast!!

Jeremy Saunders said...

Jenna!
You did an amazing job for never attending one! How sorry I missed Sis Fowler's eclairs! Great job!
mimi

Crystal said...

OK, you lied! You have not posted a million thing that I have not seen yet. There you were making me think my reader is broken when you haven't posted since the 13th! I still love you though. Just don't let it happen again.